i48CE Braille Intensity Carbon Li-Ion Battery 10lbs/1520PCAi48CE
Braille Intensity Carbon Li-Ion Battery - i48CE
This ultralightweight option is a popular choice for the Porsche & BMW enthusiasts that are looking for the lightest option for a street/track car in a simple, drop-in replacement saving you 35 pounds. This model has been used for years in the Porsche GT3 Cup championship cars in Germany & Canada, along with IMSA GTD cars, but now very popular with the track day enthusiasts in their 911s, Caymans and Corvettes due to being a direct, drop in upgrade. When compared to the Porsche OE lithium battery, you get double the cranking power, 50% more capacity, 3 pounds lighter and a 3 year warranty.
Braille Lithium delivers a higher, cleaner voltage which improves the performance of every electrical component and has shown to provide:
- Quicker starting (a full volt higher than lead and less voltage drop during cranking)
- Improved engine management & data logging performance (more stable voltage)
- Less horsepower draw from the alternator due to efficient charging (5 times faster than lead),
- Lasts 3-5 times longer (especially under the harshest environments),
- Much more reliable (less than 1% failure rate)
- Significant weight savings. (up to 1/4 the weight)
- Don’t self-discharge, so if the battery is disconnected (no draw or via power disconnect switch), they can sit for over a year and still have over 13 volts to start the vehicle.
To get all these benefits in one simple step makes it a very cost effective upgrade!!
** PbEq equals Lead-Acid Equivalent also known as LAH Lithium-Amp-Hours. This means that an 18 LAH PbEq (6AH) Lithium Iron Phosphate battery could perform the same near as an 18 AH Lead-acid battery under a high rate discharge in comparison.
- Weight: 10lbs / 4.5kg
- Length: 11" / 279mm
- Width: 6.8" / 173mm
- Height: 5.5" / 140mm
- Polarity: Right Side Positive
- Voltage: 12
- Full Charge Voltage: 13.8
- Pulse Cranking Amps (PCA): 1520
- Amp Hour (AH): 25
- Lithium Amp Hour/Lead-Acid Equivalent (LAH/PbEq): 75
- Life Cycle @ 10% DOD: 5000