The story of Perry Auto Laval is one of a family passion for cars and racing spanning 70 years!
Perry Wener, owner of the store specializes in selling replacement parts and maintenance products for all types of vehicles, started working during the summers as a representative on the road for his father Bernie, the owner of Bernie Auto Parts, a store that has been open in Ville Saint-Laurent since 1949. Once he obtained his degree in mechanical engineering from McGill University, he discussed with his family the opportunities for becoming an engineer or a businessman. To help balance his career and his passion, Perry decided to invest full-time and to open a store in Laval.
After more than 22 years, Perry has no regrets and is proud to supply the mechanics of Laval and the North Shore, and advising automotive enthusiasts who like to repair their own vehicles.
Since 1994 the business has grown into a large successful company and in 2008, the area of store and storage had to be almost doubled to meet for the greater demand and the creation of the Performance & Competition Division. In 2010, Perry Auto Laval was a finalist in Laval’s Dunamis Award for distributors. In 2011 Perry Auto Laval won the award for Small Business under 15 Employees and in 2012 followed it up with a win in Family Business. Perry Auto Laval was awarded the coveted JOBBER of the YEAR award in 2015 – voted by his peers with Auto Value / Vast Auto!
In 2015 the store moved locations to a brand new facility, 2110 Monterey Laval, with more than 15,000 sq feet of showroom and stock room.
Perry is not alone in this dynamic company. With a core staff dedicated to offering the best service in Laval, along with our drivers, these people are what make Perry Auto the best in the business.
- Guillaume Beaudoin – Assistant Manager, started in 2007
- Jonathan Nadeau-Drolet – Sales, started working in 2011.
- Maude Libert – Sales, started working in 2018.
- Marc Sylvestre – Sales, started working in 2016.
- Nancy Pineault – Sales, started working in 2020
- Michelle Prefontaine – Sales, started working in 2021
- Francine Chabot – With the company since June 2000, handles all of the financial and accounting for the business.
- Kathie Castonguay - Finance department since 2018
- Nathalie Gauthier – Started with Perry Auto in May 2013.
- Alain De Carufel – Started with Perry Auto early 2015.
- Nathalie and Alain are working on the road visiting garages and customers; making sure they have the best servicing and pricing possible!
Performance & Competition Division
- Since 2008, Carl Wener has returned to the team, forming the Perry Performance & Competition division. A former store manager; he has over 25 years of experience in replacement, performance, and racing competition parts. With over 30 years of racing experience, Carl has raced in Quebec & Ontario GT Sprints, SCCA World Challenge, ChampCar, AER and WRL endurance racing and most recently the Nissan Micra Cup.
- Kristopher-Ryan Bissonnette, Performance, Competition & Karting gear sales specialist since 2016.
- In 2017, Jean Sirota joined the team as web commerce and social media manager. Jean has been a car guy most of his life and has been involved in everything from drag racing muscle cars to tracking, autocrossing and road-racing a variety of cars over the past 30 years.